Generative AI Market Size, Trends, & Statistics (2023-2025)
Generative AI is experiencing unprecedented growth.
Searches for "Generative AI" have spiked over the last year.
New AI tools use neural networks to learn patterns from existing data in order to create new, original content.
This report will take a closer look at the following generative AI trends and statistics:
- Generative AI Industry Highlights
- Generative AI Market Size
- Generative AI Market Growth Projections
- Generative AI Adoption Statistics
- Generative AI Funding Statistics
- Key Players In The Generative AI Market
- Generative AI Market Segments
Generative AI Industry Highlights
- The global generative AI market is currently worth over $13 billion.
- By 2025, the global generative AI market is expected to surpass $$22 billion.
- The global generative AI market is growing at a CAGR of 27.02%.
- The North American generative AI market holds a 41% revenue share.
- Transformer models accounted for 42% of generative AI revenues in 2022.
Generative AI Market Size
As of 2023, the global generative AI market is worth $13.71 billion.
Several factors contribute to the rapid growth of generative AI, such as the explosion of digital data availability, adoption rates (led largely by ChatGPT), and huge advancements in machine learning.
Overall, North America owns a 41% share of the generative AI market.
Generative AI Market Growth Projections
The generative AI market is estimated to reach $22.12 billion by 2025.
The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.02%.
The table below shows the expected generative AI market growth:
|Year||Market Valuation Calculated Based on CAGR|
Sources: Precedence Research
Generative AI Adoption Statistics
Generative AI tools have already made their way into the workplace. A recent survey indicated that 29% of Gen Z, 28% of Gen X, and 27% of Millennial respondents use generative AI tools in the office.
Another survey was conducted to determine which industries are experiencing the most generative AI disruption. These industries have been impacted the most:
- 37% of people in advertising and marketing
- 35% of people in technology
- 30% of people in consulting
- 19% of people in accounting
- 15% of people in healthcare
In 2022, large-scale generative AI adoption was 23%. By 2025, large-scale adoption of AI is expected to reach 46%.
Generative AI Funding Statistics
In 2022, generative AI startups raised $2.6 billion across 110 deals.
In the first quarter of 2023, generative AI startups completed $1.7 billion in funding across 46 deals. Another $10.68 billion worth of deals were announced but not completed during the quarter.
13 generative AI startups have reached unicorn status with a $1 billion or higher valuation. OpenAI is the highest-valued generative AI startup at $29 billion.
Key Players In The Generative AI Market
- Hugging Face
- Stability AI
- Inflection AI
- Synthesis AI
- Copy AI
- Amazon Web Services
- Rephrase AI
Generative AI Market Segments
The generative AI market is divided into multiple segments, including auto-encoders, GANs, diffusion networks, and transformers.
According to 2022 data, transformers led the industry and generated over 42% of the revenue. Diffusion networks are growing the fastest, with a CAGR of 37.2%.
Generative AI is also divided into software and services. In 2022, software had a higher market share of 65.50%.
The service sector is expected to grow at a faster CAGR of 36.5%.
Sources: Precedence Research
The generative AI industry is arguably the fastest-growing market year-over-year right now.
Faster content creation, rapid LLM improvements, and new sector adoption are key growth drivers for the generative AI market.