8 Top Market Research Companies (2023)
Self-serve market research tools are helpful when you need answers fast. But a market research firm can be a great asset when you want data on a more personalized or granular level.
The data collected by a market research firm can help with the optimization of your product marketing, communications strategy, customer experience, online user experience, and more.
From completely bespoke services to expert reporting on the topics that matter most to your audience, these top market research companies offer a variety of services for B2B and B2C brands.
Ipsos is a market research company that connects businesses with online communities.
When you work with Ipsos, you'll be matched with a community of people that share traits with your ideal customers. These similarities help you figure out what your ideal customer or user may respond well to.
Ipsos’ wide range of services covers multiple industries, including retail, healthcare, transportation, politics, and automotive.
With Ipsos, you can do things such as:
- Assemble custom panels of consumers
- Record interviews and mystery shopper journeys that document retail experiences
- View reports about key consumer insights and demographics
- Run brand, packaging, and product testing
- Conduct message testing for public affairs projects
- Develop studies measuring the quality of healthcare and patient satisfaction
- Engage in public opinion polling
You can also work with an Ipsos strategist to get further insights about your market.
Ipsos recruits its panel and community members through a variety of advertising channels, and participants aren’t paid for their involvement. Instead, members receive points they can later redeem for prizes.
Because Ipsos services are so customizable, you’ll need to get in touch with the Ipsos team to discuss your needs and receive a price quote.
2. Edelman DXI
The company is part of the Edelman global communications firm. By working with their DXI unit, you can get help with:
- Social listening and analysis
- Competitive market analysis
- Content auditing
- Paid media planning
- Risk forecasting
- Workforce analytics
Edelman DXI has offices throughout the world, so they can provide insights across a wide variety of global markets and audiences.
Because Edelman DXI services will be unique to each client, you’ll need to get in touch with the company to learn more about how much it will cost to become a client.
3. Exploding Topics
Exploding Topics is an alternative to traditional market research firms.
Rather than relying on a small panel sample or audience group selected by a firm, you can glean insights from what might be the world’s largest repository of consumer wants, needs, and insights: the internet.
First, we use artificial intelligence (AI) to listen to conversations happening across:
- News outlets
- Social networks
Next, our data analysis experts take this information and identify the top market trends, topics, brands, and technologies that interest consumers and businesses today.
We enter these findings into our searchable database—and use it as the basis for insightful, actionable reports that break down the top trends you need to know about right now.
Our data stretches back 15 years and covers over 30 industries. Plus, it’s updated every day—so you always have fresh insights to work with.
Whether you rely on our reports or prefer to search the database yourself, you can use Exploding Topics data to support your:
- Entry into new markets
- Product development
- New marketing strategies
- Startup investing
- Competitor acquisition
- New business formation
You can access some of our trend data and reports for free right now. For complete access to every Exploding Topics data point and report—including our Meta Trends feature that shows how trends intersect—you’ll need a paid Exploding Topics Pro plan.
It’s just $1 for the first two weeks of your Exploding Topics Pro membership, and as little as $39 per month (billed annually) after that.
Gartner’s market research services overlap with those offered by Ipsos, but cover a few additional industries including education, energy, and finance.
As a Gartner customer, you can:
- Review prepared reports
- Engage in personalized consulting services
- Attend industry events
The data gleaned from these reports and activities can help your company enhance its internal business operations as well as improve consumer-facing products or campaigns. Gartner’s information can be useful for:
- Understanding how to best position your brand
- Improving project strategy development and decisions
- Estimating tech lifecycles and improving corporate purchasing
- Evaluating your top market competitors
- Developing a more sustainable business strategy
- Planning how AI may impact or enhance your business
- Preparing for economic changes
- Improving your company’s market share
Some of Gartner’s reports are available for free on their website, so you can get a taste of what the company offers. If it seems like the right fit for your needs, you’ll need to get in touch with the Gartner team to get a price quote.
5. IMS Marketing
IMS is a full-service marketing agency—but they offer a market research arm to help B2B clients better understand how to position their brand and products.
Their customized services can help with:
- Understanding customer feedback
- Testing the feasibility of a new product or market
- Analyzing the competitor landscape
- Creating market segments
- Researching new audience groups
- Identifying and improving brand perception
- Pinpointing gaps in existing or prior research attempts
IMS Marketing is like Edelman DXI in that its services are entirely bespoke—the company doesn’t offer prepared reports like Gartner or Exploding Topics.
You can only become an IMS client after meeting with the company and allowing them to get a full understanding of your business, market, and objectives. Prospective clients can take the first step by getting in touch with IMS to set up a consultation.
Forrester is a market research firm that provides insights for business, government, and technology operations.
While B2C businesses can use Forrester, a lot of the firm's data is very valuable for B2B markets.
You can use Forrester insights to:
- Explore what business customers need and want
- Develop your tech stack to keep pace with competitors
- Prepare for supply chain and development challenges
- Review prepared sales strategy templates
- Discover competitor weaknesses
Forrester offers advisory services and access to data-rich reports, so you can choose whether you’d like to take a more self-directed approach or have help.
A single Forrester report may cost $1,000 or more, and advisory services are custom quoted based on your needs. Anyone interested in working with Forrester directly will need to get in touch with their sales team to discuss options.
Kantar’s research solutions include:
- The collection of qualitative consumer data in over 80 global markets
- Customized research surveys with panels prepared from a network of over 150 million respondents
- The development of healthcare professional and patient panels
- Expert survey design
The company also offers Kantar Marketplace, a do-it-yourself market research platform that lets users guide their own data collection and analysis efforts.
Marketplace access is available on either a pay-per-use plan or with an annual commitment starting at $50,000.
You can’t sign up on the Kantar website, though—for access to Marketplace as well as bespoke Kantar research services, you’ll need to get in touch with the Kantar sales team.
8. Bellomy Market Intelligence
Bellomy Market Intelligence is a consulting firm that works with retail, healthcare, financial, technology, energy, and consumer goods businesses.
Like several of the other market research firms on this list, Bellomy offers its clients access to panels of consumers that meet relevant B2B or B2C audience criteria.
You can then use these panels to:
- Run quick polls with rapid response times
- Host open-ended discussions to collect feedback
- Create ongoing focus forums for asynchronous discussions
- Watch as a Bellomy moderator leads members of your panel in an online chat
- Conduct one-on-one, in-depth interviews
- Track consumer behaviors and motivations with repeated daily online surveys
- Host in-person focus groups and retail events to collect data
Bellomy then uses AI tools to help its clients glean insights from qualitative and quantitative research results.
As with many other market research groups, you’ll need to get in touch with Bellomy to learn more about its available services and prices.
If you want a custom research solution, it’s best to explore market research firms like Ipsos, Kantar, and Bellomy.
If you’d like to be more hands-on, though—or prefer a transparent, upfront pricing model—then Exploding Topics Pro is the best choice.
Our blend of expert reporting, on-demand database searches, and daily updates make Exploding Topics a valuable tool for anyone who needs to track their audience’s interests—or competitors—continually.
Give the full suite of Exploding Topics Pro tools a try now—it’s just $1 for your first two weeks of access.